The most costly expense is a bad tenant. Our team is available to provide you with the necessary resources to make an informed decision on each applicant. And, our software performs most of the work by providing you with a risk assessment on each prospect.
1. Tracking Leads: Under [Prospective Tenants] on the left-hand panel, Hemlane will rank prospects by their application completeness and inquiry date. This is a good indicator of the interest level of each lead, before you drill down into the application, screening, and other information supplied.
2. After Showings: If you use our showings feature, Hemlane automatically emails prospects after a showing and encourages them to fill out our comprehensive application.
3. Application: You will receive an email when a prospective tenant has completed their application. It is important to review the application before you request a screening. You do not want them to be charged for the background check and credit report if you plan to deny their application. It is encouraged that you call references, but our screening report will be the best indicator to whether or not the tenant is qualified.
4. Screening Report:This is the background check and credit report. We recommend using Hemlane’s built-in screening feature, which:
- Provides a comprehensive credit, background, and eviction report
- Records any verified addresses and employment
- Notifies prospects to begin the process when initiated by you
- Notifies you as soon as the prospects have filled out the screening information, as well as when the report is available (up to two hours upon completion)
- Hemlane will analyze the results and provide a recommendation based on objective criteria, such as income and credit
keywords: screening, screen, help screen, background check, screening report, report, eviction, credit