Hemlane was built to minimize your property management administrative tasks. Traditional management software serves as data entry tools and at Hemlane, we believe that the software should do the work for you. For this reason, Hemlane requests you to invite the tenant in order to make sure communications are streamlined and automated.
You may not be ready to invite a tenant to Hemlane. Here are the steps to add a tenant without sending them an invitation:
- Visit [Tenants and Leases] on the left hand panel
- Click [Invite Tenant]
- Add the tenant's email address as firstname.lastname@example.org
After you Send Invite (even though it is not sending an invitation), you can upload the lease and other information necessary to track the tenant. Keep reading if you would like to learn how to resend the invitation when you are ready to invite the tenant.
Once you are ready to officially invite the tenant to Hemlane, then you can do so by performing the following steps:
- Select the tenant's name under [Tenants & Leases]
- Confirm you are on the Summary Overview tab
- Scroll to the bottom and click [Edit] next to the tenant's information
- Update the email address