Hemlane's maintenance coordinators work with licensed and insured service professionals. And, the majority of these professionals are also bonded. Therefore, you are not going to get the cheapest rate, but you will receive a reasonable price with quality which will save you costs in the long run.
The coordinators will provide you with an estimate, whether it's before the work is performed or when the service professional is onsite at the rental property. If you think the estimate is too high, here is our process:
- We will provide you with a second quote: If the original quote was over $500 and you request a second estimate, then the maintenance coordinator will provide you with a second quote from another service professional of similar quality.
- We allow you to provide a service professional: If you think the second service professional is also too expensive, you can recommend your own professional.
- We will still coordinate the request: Our coordinators will still manage the request with your service professional, unless you specifically ask to coordinate it yourself. But when it is your service professional, we do not check licensing and are not be responsible for the work quality. But, we are more than happy to help with all of the administration.
What about emergencies?
When an emergency arises (check definitions here), you will see that service professionals can double their service fee. However, part of the responsibility of maintenance is to address these urgent requests as quickly as possible. You may find cheaper rates but (1) they will schedule for a non-emergency time (days or weeks later) or (2) they may not be licensed for that trade, which makes them cheaper.
HVAC and appliance jobs often have the highest sticker shock. Here are some recommendations if you want to save a bit of money or have more control during the process:
- HVAC replacements: You can purchase an HVAC online (e.g. UsedACDepot.com) and then recommend your own professional to install it.
- Appliance replacements: You can purchase appliances online and read more here.
Keywords: price, estimate, repair, maintenance, service professional, cost