Hemlane’s text messaging options allow owners to stay connected to their tenants and service providers via text messages for faster and easier communication. Hemlane will automatically send texts to a variety of users and allow owners to send text messages to all registered tenants.
Click on the following to navigate quickly to different topics discussed in this article:
- Who receives text messages?
- Who does NOT receive text messages?
- When are text messages sent?
- Why are we restricting to REGISTERED users?
Who receives text messages?
- Registered applicants
- Registered tenants
- Owners (if opted in)
- Service professionals and owners associated with work orders*
*Note: owners will only receive text messages when an "owner only" message is sent by our maintenance team
Who does NOT receive text messages?
- Leads or inquiries from marketed properties
- Invited applicants or tenants who have not registered
When are text messages sent?
To registered applicants/tenants:
- A text reminder is sent when an applicant who has registered signs up for a showing and as a reminder for the upcoming showing
- A text is sent when an owner messages a tenant within Hemlane's Messages section
To owners/service professionals:
- A text is sent when a tenant or prospective tenant messages an owner within Hemlane's Messages section
- A text is sent when our maintenance team sends a message only to the owner on the maintenance request.
- Owners will not receive text message notifications for correspondence between tenants and the Hemlane maintenance team in order to prevent multiple notifications.
- A text is sent to the Service Professional associated with the work order when a work order is assigned or updated
Why are we restricting to REGISTERED users?
To prevent spamming and unwanted communication, Hemlane users must first accept our terms and conditions before we allow text messages to be sent.
For more information on this topic, please follow these links:
Keywords: text messaging, settings, text, text message, options, send texts, texting tenants, texting service pro