Here at Hemlane, we work hard to protect customers' interests and reduce the possibility of unauthorized charges.
To do this, we make sure that we:
- have clearly set thresholds that meet our minimum limits prior to dispatching
- confirm Service Call or Diagnostic fees prior to dispatch
- clearly advise via phone or email that approval is required prior to any work being done
- solicit estimates in writing to make sure everyone knows what to expect
- provide any approvals via email or on a recorded line for future reference in case of any dispute
Please keep in mind that the Service Professionals in the Third Party Network are individual companies and not “part” of Hemlane. They have their own rules and procedures. We provide both you, as the owner/manager, and the tenant with the opportunity to rate your experience with a particular Service Professional. Negative reviews will reduce their rankings in our system and greatly influence whether or not we will use that company in the future.
Occasionally, we receive requests for a refund or credit. Hemlane will only offer a refund or credit when:
- The owner is charged because we failed to either cancel an appointment or confirm a service call fee before dispatching AND it exceeds the threshold provided.
- We provided approval above the owner’s limit without their consent.
- The Service Professional did not do the work at all (not quality of work).
On the rare instance that this may occur, Hemlane will attempt to resolve the issue with the Service Professional first but will issue either a partial credit or full refund depending on the issue.
Keywords: refund, credit, reimburse, reimbursements, money back