What types of accounts does Hemlane have?
- Property dashboard - for owners, managers, and agents
- Tenant dashboard - for tenants, co-signers, and guarantors
What types of user permissions are available?
When you add someone on your team (owner, manager, agent, admin, etc.) under the Your Team tab, Hemlane provides the ability to designate certain roles to the professional. Below is the breakdown of the permissions:
- Admin: access to all aspects of the property
- Leasing: access to property marketing and prospective tenants
- Management: access to tenants and leases and financials (can control payments)
Admins are the only users who can add other users to a given rental property. Once a user is added, they can request and receive payments from other users, excluding tenants, to be reimbursed for their work and time on the rental property.
What is the custom user permission?
Admins can designate custom permissions for a user who does not fall into the above categories. Here is a breakdown of each section under custom:
- Notifications: User will receive email notifications for their respective permission settings
- Property: User can manage your property, such as changing the address and adding notes
- Marketing: User can manage the marketing of your property, including the listing details and turning on advertising
- Prospective Tenants: User can manage your prospective tenants, which includes inviting applicants and requesting the tenant screening report
- Tenants & Leases: User can manage your existing tenants, including sending and receiving messages
- Service Professionals: User can manage your list of external service professionals
- Maintenance & Repair: User can manage all maintenance and will receive email notifications with every new request
- View Transactions: User can view all of the income and expense transactions associated with a property. The user can also edit (with offline or uncollectible payments) or cancel these payments
- Request Payments From Tenants: User can request payment from tenant and route it to users (such as the admin) who have the permission to receive payments from tenants
- Request Payments From Users: User can request payment from other users
- Receive Payments From Tenants: User can deposit payments from tenants into their bank account
- Receive Payments From Users: User can receive money from other users (not including tenants)
Who can add units or properties?
The user who created the property is responsible for the Hemlane subscription. They have a crown next to their name and are the bill-to contact. Other users cannot add units to the property, since it affects the billing.
keywords: notification, notifications, permissions, agent, leasing agent