Congratulations on getting started with Hemlane as your property management platform! If you are the new owner/property manager, here is a checklist on making that transition.
For the transition to Hemlane, we have created two templates to notify tenants on next steps:
- If the ownership/management is not changing, but you are transitioning over to Hemlane
- If the ownership/management is changing and you are also transitioning over to Hemlane
Template: Notify tenants on the transition to Hemlane
Subject: [Important] Change in Property Management System
Hi [Tenant(s)' Full Names],
Starting [transition date], we will be moving over to Hemlane (www.hemlane.com/for-tenants) for our communications, maintenance / repair requests, and rent collection. It tracks everything going on in the rental process to ensure a great rental experience.
In the next few days, you will receive an email to register. Please do not delay in registering your account:
- Rent Collection: You will receive a request to pay rent online and you have the option to pay one-time or set up automatic payments. Bank transfers on Hemlane are 100% free. Please do not delay in setting up your bank account, as smaller bank accounts can take up to 2 business days to verify.
- Repair Requests: If you have repair requests, please submit them from your dashboard via the "Submit a Repair Request" button. [For Essential and Complete Package Customers: The 24/7 repair and maintenance emergency number is 415-417-1656. Please note that Hemlane is not your property manager but will be coordinating repairs.]
- Tech Questions: Any technology questions on getting your account set up should be sent to email@example.com.
All changes will take place on [Transition Date]. If you have any questions on this change in our property management system, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.
We look forward to having us transition over to a new and improved way to interact and coordinate the property management.
[Your Ownership/Management Name]
Template: Notify tenants on the ownership/management change and transition to Hemlane
[Your Name | Company]
[Phone] | [Email]
[Tenant(s) Full Name(s)]
[Property City, State, Zip Code]
Dear [Tenant(s) First Name],
We would like to take the time to introduce ourselves as the new management for [Property Address]. Your current Lease is attached and you are currently on a [term of lease/month to month] Lease. The Lease amount of $[Rent Amount] USD and payment terms will remain in effect until [the end of your term/further notice].
Rent payments, repair requests, and correspondence going forward should be made through the Hemlane platform (www.hemlane.com/for-tenants). In the next few days, you will receive an email to register. Please do not delay in registering your account:
Any correspondence that is not through Hemlane’s online portal should be sent to the address listed at the top of this letter. The security deposit in the value of $[Security Deposit amount] USD was transferred over to us. [Optional: We would like to inspect and address some minor concerns noted in the inspection. Once we’ve received your Tenant Information Form, we will contact you to coordinate an inspection time.]
We look forward to providing you with exceptional management, including prompt repair service, as well as maintaining a safe and enjoyable place to live. Please contact us if you have any questions.