New or existing tenants should be added to the "Tenants & Leases" tab. At a minimum, you should have a signed lease and a security deposit before considering them a tenant. If you do not have a signed lease with an applicant, use the "Prospective Tenants" tab to qualify and properly move in a tenant.
To navigate to specific sections of the article, please click the links below:
- How do I move an applicant from Prospective Tenants to Tenants & Leases?
- How do I add an existing tenant to Hemlane?
- Automated emails sent from Hemlane
How do I move an applicant to the Tenants & Leases tab?
Step 1: Select the Prospective Tenant tab on the left side main menu
Step 2: Click on the prospective tenant's name
Step 3: Select [Finish Move-In] on their profile
Step 4: Confirm the lease details, and if you require edits to be made, click [Need Something Changed?]
Step 5: If the lease details are correct, click [Promote] to finalize their Move-In
How do I add an existing tenant to Hemlane?
Step 1: Select the Tenants & Leases tab on the left side main menu
Step 2: Click [Add Tenant]
Step 3: Select the property address in the pop up window and fill in the tenant information
Tip: If your tenant does not have an email address, un-check the box "Invite tenant to sign up for Hemlane". This will allow you to either invite them later or leave them as a tracking only tenant without an email address. If you do not have an email address for your tenant, they will not be able to pay rent online or log into a Hemlane account.
Automated emails sent from Hemlane:
Below is an example of the email sent when you invite a tenant to Hemlane:
Below is an example of the email sent once a tenant registers their account on Hemlane:
For more information on this topic, please visit these articles:
- How do I add a tenant without inviting them to sign up on Hemlane?
- How do I add or combine applicants and co-signers?
- How does Hemlane help with the lease agreement?
- How can I tell if my tenant registered and is ready to pay?
- How do I upload tenant documents (lease or other docs)?
- How do I add private notes the tenant won't see?