Hemlane helps you make an informed decision through the application process. We provide a risk assessment on each applicant group based on objective criteria from their application and tenant screening (credit and background check). More details on tenant screening can be found here.
Your minimum criteria set on your Marketing terms are factored into our recommendation to accept or deny a tenant. You'll want to make sure those minimum credit and income requirements are accurate.
Requesting the application:
There are two ways for a tenant to start the application process:
- From your public listing URL - here is how you find that link
- From the Prospective Tenants tab - see below for steps on how to invite a tenant to apply who is:
- Already a lead
- Entirely new record in the system
If a tenant applies from the public listing, we do not automatically ask for tenant screening (background and credit check). You have the opportunity to review the application before requesting tenant screening.
If you invite the applicant from the Prospective Tenants tab, then you have the option to request tenant screening at the same time as the application. Or, you can review the application first and request screening upon review.
Check the status of applicants:
The Prospective Tenants tab will give you real time results for where applicants are in the process. For example, in the below screenshot, you will see that:
- Applications: You are pending response from your applicants to submit their application.
- Tenant Screening: You have an action to request credit and background reports from this applicant group as it is still incomplete and not requested yet.
Tip! The "Actions Complete" filter will let you view applicant groups who have completed all checklist items in the section you are looking at. For example, selecting "Actions Complete" under the Qualification section will show you any applicant group who has completed both the rental application and the credit & background report.
View applications and tenant screening:
You can click into the tenant group to view their details. From the below screenshot you can see:
- Registration status: You can find these details if you expand the contact details at the top of the page
- Applicant Evaluation: You can view our recommendation for the prospective tenant group under the qualification overview. For more details about our scoring, see our article How is the applicant recommendation calculated?
- Applications: You will be presented with an action button alerting you of your next step. In the photo below, you will see that you can send a reminder to your applicant as you have already requested from all applicants but one has not submitted it yet.
- Credit & Background: You will be presented with an action button alerting you of your next step. In the photo below, you will see that you can view the credit and background reports as they have already been submitted by the applicants.
For more information on this topic, please visit these articles:
- What does the rental application contain?
- How do I request tenant screening?
- How much does tenant screening cost and what does it include?
- Why does the tenant screening report show an address mismatch or incorrect SSN?
- What if an applicant does not have credit, a SSN, or is not a US citizen?
keywords: screening, screen, help screen, background check, screening report, report, eviction, credit